Terms and Conditions for Usage of the www.maritimedocumentation.us Website
- I understand that Maritime Documentation Center is NOT the U.S. Coast Guard (USCG) or the National Vessel Documentation Center (NVDC).
- I understand that Maritime Documentation Center does not represent any government agency and is not endorsed by any governmental agency.
- I understand I am submitting my application through a private company.
- I understand that all my application and processing fees are nonrefundable.
- I understand that in the event I desire to cancel my application, my fees are nonrefundable.
- I understand that my application will be processed in the order in which it was received and no exact time frame regarding my application can be given as every application is unique.
- I understand that all applications provided on Maritime Documentation Center’s website are for U.S. Coast Guard Documentation only and not state registration.
- I understand that Maritime Documentation Center assists customers in filing their documented vessel’s paperwork to the United States Coast Guard National Vessel Documentation Center.
- I understand that Maritime Documentation Center does not issue the completed documentation, rather Maritime Documentation Center solely assists in filing the application with the appropriate government entity on my behalf.
- I understand that once my application is submitted to Maritime Documentation Center it is internally processed by Maritime Documentation Center for any errors or omissions and prepared to be filed to the United States Coast Guard National Vessel Documentation Center, thus rendering the service I requested.
- I understand that additional information or documents may be required to complete the filing services I have requested and that by failing to provide the necessary information or documents I am halting the completion of my own application despite Maritime Documentation Center rendering the service I have requested.
- The materials on Maritime Documentation Center’s website and mailed publications are provided “as is.” Maritime Documentation Center makes no warranties, expressed or implied, and hereby disclaims and negates all other warranties, including without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of merchant ability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement of intellectual property or other violation of rights. Further, Maritime Documentation Center does not warrant or make any representations concerning the accuracy, likely results, or reliability of the use of the materials on its Internet website or mailed publications or otherwise relating to such materials or on any sites linked to this site.
- This service has not been approved or endorsed by any agency of the government.
- This is not a government sponsored website, but is a private fee-for-service company assisting private vessel owners in seeking registrations, renewals, and other documentation requirements of the U.S. Coast Guard National Vessel Documentation Center
- Please be advised that certain applications submitted over the weekend will be processed the following business day.
- To ensure that your Renewal Application for Certificate of Documentation is processed in a timely manner we advise that you submit your application 3 days prior to its expiration date.
- Vessel Certificates of Documentation are mailed out by the National Vessel Documentation Center, and as such, Maritime Documentation Center is not responsible for lost, damaged, or destroyed mail.
- I understand that by submitting an application for vessel documentation whilst a current/ pending application is in queue, both applications will be processed in the order that they are received.
- When submitting an application over the phone, you understand that you are still subject to all Terms and Conditions including the No-Refund Policy found in this website, as stated in the initial recording before getting transferred to a case processor.
- In order for a vessel to be documented under U.S. Coast Guard Documentation, the vessel must measure at least five net tons (with the exception of certain oil spill response vessels) and be wholly owned by a citizen of the United States. Vessels of more than 25 feet are likely to measure five net tons.
- Fees submitted for online applications include application fees to the National Vessel Documentation Center as well as company fees for services provided.
- Maritime Documentation Center utilizes the information provided by you, the customer, in the processing of the application(s) submitted. If the information you’ve provided proves to be imprecise, incorrect, or changes materially, this will compromise the processing of the application submitted. Be advised additional fees or the submission of a new application may be required to correct the imprecise information.
- Please be advised that Maritime Documentation Center is not responsible for any backlog of applications at the National Vessel Documentation Center.
2. Cancellation/ No-Refund Policy
- All application and processing fees are non-refundable.
- To cancel/ halt your services with Maritime Documentation Center, you must contact customer support by email (email@example.com) or by phone (1-800-535-8570) and provide your name, the vessel’s official number and your contact information.
- In the event of cancellation for any reason, including but not limited to terminated boat sale(s)/ destroyed vessel(s), all application and processing fees remain non-refundable.
3. Disputed Charges
- A Charge Dispute, or “Charge Back”, is any formal attempt to withhold or remove consideration, after contracting with Maritime Documentation Center. By initiating a charge-back with your financial institution you are declaring that you no longer wish to continue receiving services from our company, thus automatically cancelling your application. Cancelled applications are still subject to the No-Refund Policy and all application and processing fees remain non-refundable.
- Please be advised that if an unwarranted and fraudulent charge-back is initiated against our company we will now communicate directly with your financial institution and will no longer communicate directly with you. To recover fees for services requested by you and rendered by our company, be advised that your file may be placed into collections, and this may negatively affect your credit. Additionally, a lien may be filed against your vessel to recover fees for services rendered.
- By using this website, you, the customer, warrant to us that all information provided is true and accurate and that you are not using any transaction to commit any wrongful civil or criminal act.
- Likewise, if a documentation transaction is rejected due to any error in the completeness or accuracy of the information you provide, then the consequences for such are solely of your own doing, and Maritime Documentation Center bears no responsibility or liability caused thereby. This could include suspension of your rights to use your vessel and penalties, prosecution, and fines of up to $10,000 assessed by the United States Coast Guard.
- In no event shall Maritime Documentation Center or its suppliers be liable for any consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of data, or lost profits, or damages due to business interruption) arising out of the use of inability to use the materials on Maritime Documentation Center’s www.maritimedocumentation.us website, even if Maritime Documentation Center or a Maritime Documentation Center authorized representative has been notified orally or in writing of the possibility of such damage.
Because some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on implied warranties, or limitations of liability for consequential or incidental damages, these limitations may not apply to you.
5. Revisions and Errata
The materials appearing on Maritime Documentation Center’s website could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Maritime Documentation Center does not warrant that any of the materials on its website are accurate, complete, or current. Maritime Documentation Center may make changes to the materials contained on its website at any time without notice. Maritime Documentation Center does not, however, make any commitment to update the materials.
Maritime Documentation Center has not reviewed all the websites linked to its Internet website and is not responsible for the contents of any such linked website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Maritime Documentation Center of the website. Use of any such linked website is at the user’s own risk.
8. Governing Law
Any claim relating to Maritime Documentation Center’s website shall be governed by the laws of the State of Nevada without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
By accessing this website, you are agreeing to be bound by these website Terms and Conditions of Use, all applicable laws and regulations, and agree that you are responsible for compliance with any applicable local laws. If you do not agree with any of these terms, you are prohibited from using or accessing this website. The materials contained in this website are protected by applicable copyright and trademark law.
10. Use License
- Permission is granted to temporarily download one copy of the materials (information or software) on Maritime Documentation Center’s website for personal, non-commercial transitory viewing only. This is the grant of a license, not a transfer of title, and under this license you may not:
- modify or copy the materials
- use the materials for any commercial purpose, or for any public display (commercial or non-commercial)
- attempt to deconstruct or reverse engineer any software contained on Maritime Documentation Center’s website
- remove any copyright or other proprietary notations from the materials; or
- transfer the materials to another person or “mirror” the materials on any other server.
- This license shall automatically terminate if you violate any of these restrictions and may be terminated by Maritime Documentation Center at any time.
- Upon terminating your viewing of these materials or upon the termination of this license, you must destroy any downloaded materials in your possession whether in electronic or printed format.
11. Multi-Year Renewal Policy
- Commercial Vessel Multi -Year Renewal Policy:
- The National Vessel Documentation Center requires each commercial vessel’s Certificates of Documentation (COD) to be renewed on an annual basis. A vessel is commercial if it has a valid Fishery, Registry and/or Coastwise endorsement present. As a result, the Multi-Year Renewal option for Commercial vessels listed is a pre-paid service.
- It is not a subscription. Fees are paid in advance and the Renewals are processed automatically by Maritime Documentation Center. for the number of years selected.
- You will automatically receive a certificate of documentation with the validity of one year, per the number of years selected to the address on record.
- If an update to the address on record is required during the secured renewal period, you will need to submit a Change of Address application to facilitate the subsequent Certificates being sent to you.
- Recreational Vessel Multi-Year Renewal Policy:
- A Vessel is Recreational if it has a sole Recreational endorsement present.
- Vessels operating solely under a recreational endorsement are eligible to receive a Certificate of Documentation valid for a period of five years.
- Certificates of Documentation renewed more than 60 days prior to expiration will be issued with a new issue/expiration date, shortening validity period of document.
12. Ninety Day Deficiency Response Policy
- If any application incurs a deficiency, Maritime Documentation Center will contact the customer via email/phone to make any necessary corrections.
- Maritime Documentation Center provides customers a 90-day period to respond to a deficiency notice and/ or additional documentation requests necessary to complete the application processing requirements.
- If no response is received within 90 days of the receipt of the deficiency request, the customer’s application will be cancelled. All application and processing fees submitted remain nonrefundable.
- Should a customer fail to provide the requested information they are halting the completion of their own application, despite Maritime Documentation Center rendering the service they requested.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and make use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up to date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available, to customers, information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.
- We are committed to conducting our business in accordance with these principles in order to ensure that the confidentiality of personal information is protected and maintained.
14. Priority Request
Maritime Documentation Center offers an additional service called Priority Request/Rush Processing on certain applications. This service, when selected, allows an application to bypass Maritime Documentation Center’s internal queue of previously submitted applications, and be addressed immediately by an assigned Documentation Processor. Completion of this document is optional. All Prioritized Application receive Maritime Documentation Center’s internal prioritization.
Web Site Privacy & Security Policy
15. Disclaimer and limitation of liability
This system is monitored to ensure proper operation, to verify the functioning of applicable security features, and for other like purposes. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring. Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this system, to defeat or circumvent security features, or to utilize this system for other than its intended purposes are prohibited and may result in criminal prosecution.
16. Restriction of liability
Maritime Documentation Center makes no claims, promises, or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the contents of this web site and expressly disclaims liability for errors and omissions in the contents of this web site. No warranty of any kind, implied, expressed, or statutory, including but not limited to the warranties of non-infringement of third-party rights, title, merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and freedom from computer virus, is given with respect to the contents of this web site or its hyperlinks to other Internet resources. Reference in this web site to any specific commercial products, processes, or services, or the use of any trade, firm or corporation name is for the information and convenience of the public, and does not constitute endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by the Maritime Documentation Center.
Information presented on this web site is considered copyrighted material. Maritime Documentation Center is the sole owner of the trademarks and copyrights related to www.maritimedocumentation.us However, all information submitted to the Maritime Documentation Center via this site shall be deemed and remain the property of the Maritime Documentation Center except those submissions made under separate legal contract.
We collect no personal information about you when you visit our website unless you choose to provide this information to us. However, we collect and store certain information automatically. Here is how we handle information about your visit to our website.
18. What We Collect and Store Automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account, or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain) and IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access our website;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our website;
- The date and time you access our website;
- If you linked to our website from another website, the address of that website.
We use the information we collect to count the number and type of visitors to the different pages on our site, and to help us make our site more useful to visitors like you.
19. If You Send Us an E-mail
You may choose to provide us with personal information, as in e-mail with a comment or question. We use the information to improve our service to you or to respond to your request. Sometimes we forward your e-mail to other government employees who may be better able to help you like the National Vessel Documentation Center. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, we do not share our e-mail with any other outside organizations.
“Cookies” are small bits of text that are either used for the duration of a session (“session cookies”) or saved on a user’s hard drive in order to identify that user, or information about that user, the next time the user logs on to a Web site (“persistent cookies”). This Web site does not use persistent cookies or any other persistent tracking technology. One or more of our component sites may use session cookies to provide streamlined navigation. These session cookies are deleted from the component’s server after your session ends and information from them is not collected or saved.
21. Information Protection
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this computer system employs software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. If such monitoring reveals evidence of possible abuse or criminal activity, such evidence may be provided to appropriate law enforcement officials. Unauthorized attempts to upload or change information on this server are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and the National Information Infrastructure Protection Act or other law.
22. Linking Policy
Maritime Documentation Center links to many websites created and maintained by other public/and/or private organizations. Maritime Documentation Center provides these links as a service to our users. When users link to an outside website, they are leaving Maritime Documentation Center’s site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website(s).
Maritime Documentation Center will not link to any website that exhibits hate, bias or discrimination. Furthermore, we reserve the right to deny or remove any link that contains misleading information or unsubstantiated claims or is determined to conflict with United States Coast Guard’s mission or policies.
24. Disclaimer of Endorsement
The information posted on the Maritime Documentation Center website includes hypertext links or pointers to information created and maintained by other Government/ public and/or private organizations. Maritime Documentation Center provides these links and pointers solely for our users’ information and convenience. When users select a link to an outside website, they are leaving the Maritime Documentation Center site and are subject to the privacy and security policies of the owners/sponsors of the outside website.
- Maritime Documentation Center does not control or guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of information contained on a linked website.
- Maritime Documentation Center does not endorse the organizations sponsoring linked websites and we do not endorse the views they express or the products/services they offer.
- Maritime Documentation Center does not and cannot authorize the use of copyrighted materials contained in linked websites. Users must request such authorization from the sponsor of the linked website.
- Maritime Documentation Center is not responsible for transmissions users receive from linked websites.
- Maritime Documentation Center does not guarantee that outside websites comply with the requirements of Section 508 (Accessibility Requirements) of the Rehabilitation Act.
25. Retention of Information
We destroy the information we collect when the purpose for which it was provided has been fulfilled unless we are required to keep it longer by statute or official policy. Electronically submitted information is maintained and destroyed according to the principles of the Federal Records Act and the regulations and records schedules approved by the National Archives and Records Administration and in some cases, information submitted to us may become an agency record and therefore might be subject to a Freedom of Information Act request.
26. Notice of Monitoring
You are entering the Maritime Documentation Center’s online documentation System, which may be used only for authorized purposes. Maritime Documentation Center may monitor and audit usage of this system, and all persons are hereby notified that use of this system constitutes consent to such monitoring and auditing. Unauthorized attempts to upload information and/or change information on these web sites are strictly prohibited and are subject to prosecution under the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act of 1986 and 18 U.S.C. 1001 and 1030.
27. Release and Limitation of Liability
Customer shall release, hold harmless and indemnify Maritime Documentation Center and their respective employees and representatives, of and from any and all disputes, actions, claims, demands, liabilities, judgements, and attorney fees, which are related to or arise directly from the use of our services/site/advertising/materials/activities, howsoever caused, including, without limitation, those due to the negligence, fault or other act or omission of Maritime Documentation Center or of their respective employees or representatives. By accepting the terms and conditions by submitting an application though the online portal www.maritimedocumentation.us or by phone still subject to these terms and conditions.
28. Governing Law; Arbitration of Disputes.
The validity, interpretation, and performance of this agreement shall be controlled by and construed under the laws of the State of Nevada. Any dispute, claim or controversy which arises from or is related to this agreement shall be resolved by binding arbitration, before pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association or ADR Services, Inc. to be conducted within the County of Maritime Documentation Center’s business. This includes any dispute whatsoever or any claim for any act or omission. However, any claim must be alleged within the jurisdiction of Maritime Documentation Center’s Small Claims Courts of Nevada.