Hailing Port

Update the Hailing Port of Your Vessel with a Simple Form

The home dock for your vessel is officially known as its hailing port. This, like many different components of your boating registration, will have to be updated should things change. Let’s look into why that is and how it can be changed.

The Vessel Hailing Port

The vessel hailing port is, pretty self explanatorily, the port from which the vessel is hailing. Your vessel should have the main port where they will be docked, a homeport near which the vessel owner lives. However, it’s more important than just the convenient dock that’s closest to your residence. This dock’s name needs to be painted on the stern of all documented vessels by law, just like the vessel’s name itself. In fact, the hailing port is almost as important as the name of the vessel, which is why, when registering your vessel with the United States Coast Guard, you have to establish the hailing port of your vessel and accordingly display it on the stern. 

Are You Changing the Hailing Port?

So, what happens if you move? We’re not talking about moving neighborhoods or down the street, no, what happens if you move towns or states? Well, your boat is probably going to have come with you, right? When this happens, you will need to change your registration in order to reflect the update in the vessel’s location. This maintains the information on the United States Coast Guard up to date and makes it easy for you to keep the abstract of the title accurate for future use. If you need to change your vessel’s hailing port or even its name for that matter, then all you need to do is fill out the form we have here on our website. Just head over to our home page and you will find it ready for you to simply input your data.

What to Do About the Change

So, how should you navigate the update to the hailing port on your registration? Well, there is a specific form that you need to file with the United States Coast Guard for just that. Now, you might be wondering why exactly you are trusting a third-party site with processes that you should be handled directly with the Coast Guard. Well, should you be? After all, any process of this type will always take forever when trusting the government to figure it out. What we do is take care of all the in-between stages for you. If you make any mistake throughout the process, we can make sure that they are corrected before it gets to the Coast Guard.

Hailing Port

All Your Maritime Documentation Forms

Changing your hailing port with the US Coast Guard registry, like any documentation process, can quickly get somewhat frustrating. This is why our team here at the Maritime Documentation Center is here to help make it easier. All the forms you might need are ready for you to fill out and submit through our website for your convenience. Any questions? Give us a call at 1-866-981-8783 or email us at info@vesseldocumentation.us with your questions and we’ll do our best to help out.